So I didn’t get to choose my dog’s name. Amoretta fits her perfectly, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t choose it. I also didn’t choose her last name. The vet’s office puts her down as with my last name. So, guess what? I need to choose a middle name for her!
So I set myself some rules…
- Don’t start or end it with an “A” or “A” sound
- It shouldn’t be more than 2 syllables
- It should be at least somewhat girly
- It needs to have some reference or meaning
I racked my brain last night for some ideas and I’ve come up with a few…but I still need some ideas. I’ve not really crossed much into the comic book or video game train of thought yet, but I’ve had to rule out a LOT of good names (let’s face it, a lot of female names in SciFi and fantasy either start or end with an “A”).
- Amoretta Jo (Eureka)
- Amoretta River (Firefly)
- Amoretta Dawn (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Amoretta Faith (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Amoretta Rose (Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings in a sense)
- Amoretta Peach (Mario)
Any other suggestions? Opinions? Thoughts?