Top Ten Tuesday 17 July 12
Yeah, I know, I’m running behind today. But, HEY! I forgot it was Tuesday. And I had an eventful weekend. And stuffs. Excuses. Things.
Top Ten Books For People Who Like X Book
10. If you like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, you should read “The Murders in the Rue Morgue” by none other than Edgar Allan Poe. It’s the first of its kind in mystery, and it’s a quick read!
9. If you like Ella Enchanted, you should read The Grimms’ Fairy Tales. The original collected tales are, well, enchanting!
8. If you like The Lovely Bones, you should read Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. The bad guy isn’t as apparent, but it’s really quite wonderful in a similar sense as Bones. Oh, but the movie adaptation is probably one of the worst. Avoid it at all costs.
7. It’s a gimme but if you like Game of Thrones, you should read both The Lord of the Rings and The Riftwar Saga.
6. If you like The Diary of Anne Frank, you should read Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley. The novel is set in a diary-like form alternating between current events and flashbacks and features a strong center of religious persecution.
5. If you like Daughter of the Forest, you should read Juliet Marillier’s other novels…specifically The Dark Mirror.
4. If you like Dracula, you should read Interview with a Vampire or any of the other vampire novels by Anne Rice.
3. If you like Interview with a Vampire or any of the other novels by Anne Rice, you should read The Silver Wolf by Alice Borchardt (Anne Rice’s sister).
2. If you like 1984, you should read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Hello dystopia!
1. If you like anything horrific and suspenseful (such as works by H.P. Lovecraft), you should read The Darkest Part of the Woods by Ramsey Campbell. I’ve got a review in the works over at SciFi4Me, so stay tuned!
Yup, I feel like I’ve phone this bad boy in, but voila! What do ya think?